Monday 11 January 2010

Copyright of Photos

Hi People,

I now have a Photo that is truly my copyright as both {Printable} and {Intellectual} copyright are mine. There is not a single person that can say that they hold the copyright of a photo unless it is either, a photo of them and on their camera or the subject is not able to give consent, like for example a house or tree. As these would not be able to give consent, then the copyright belongs to the holder of the {Printable} copyright as it is on his or her camera.

All Names of people in the following paragraphs article are fictional. It is based on a real conversation I had with a Friend at church and his father.


If James wants a photo of Nathan for an advert or article, then Nathan has the entitlement to demand to see it before it gets published as the {Intellectual} copyright belongs to him, and James must adhere to this if he is to keep the Second Commandment of Christ. If James does not adhere to the Nathans wish then Nathan has the entitlement to insist that the photo is taken only on his own Memory Card. Nathan could also charge for the use which James could claim off his tax, assuming James is using it in a business venture.

This is the photo that I am talking about. It was taken when walking along a ridge of a former volcano on Lanzarote by my Uncle-in-law to be on my camera.

The other point I would like to make is that someone (lets call them Billy if it is a boy and Brenda with it is a girl) might make a comment on it to the person who it is about, it is only fair that Nathan has seen the photo before Billy or Brenda make that comment to Nathan.

3 comments:

  1. oh gosh time to chill back relax kick off my shoes and drink 10 million gallions of G&T want a gallion oye ole bean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. archbishop antony u look like u wet yourself in the pic did u not have a spear pound to use at the euston station bogs, naughty man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donald, I assume that it is you,

    Thank you for your comments.

    That photo was taken Miles away from any Station, it was taken on top of a Volcanoe miles away from any toilet. I would have had the spare 30 pence if I was anywhere near a Toilet

    Dean Beadle (who spoke at the NAS Conference) mentioned that the photographer struggles to get a decent photo of him (Dean's Words) when ever he tries to smile for the camera it look like he is constipated.

    I think my mother will agree with your comment

    That Photo is typical of me.

    As for a gallon G&T, I will decline but thanks for the offer.

    Enjoy your Drink, even if it is only proverbial

    Please note the E and the I in bEshIp just to be picky and pedantic.

    Many thanks, Anthony

    ReplyDelete