Friday 30 April 2010

Living Faith Talk on Autism

Just before I gave my talk on [Living With Autistic Spectrum Condition] I found that people seem to be ignorant of People with the conditions talking to about it themselves to others. I have a BIG QUESTION, Why?
[]

Surely People with Autism are the Best People to talk about Autism.

Also My Prayers go for the Parents whose children have Autism and other conditions like ADHD but they do not wish for their children to know that they have got this or these condition(s) and be talked to about the condition, especially those whose children have been excluded from School.

[]

I must say that it is partly due to two of my friends who have said “I don’t believe in diagnosis” talking about them selves but I personally believe it should be down to the person with the condition to find out what it means to them, then they explain to others.

[]

If I had not learned about my condition, it would have been highly likely that I would have possibly seriously injured a person is a little frail, there is one person who I can name, although it would have been an accident, it Still would have been avoidable – which it has been avoided. I attended a Course about My Own Condition (which I shall call [Proactive Prison Avoidance]) and now delivered it in front of other with the same condition.

The name of the person mentioned above is between my Rector, the person concerned, myself and our Lord, Jesus Christ ONLY.

[]
There are people who are in prison who know that they have broken the law, but do not know how. Some of these people might have Autism or Other Conditions like or ADHD but have not yet been diagnosed. I wonder if some of those are people have been diagnosed but never had the opportunity to talk about what their condition means to them. I am hoping to extend my Training into Other Areas, such as ADHD, Dyspraxia, Epilepsy (unless already delivered by People with Epilepsy.

[]

On to my Talk, It went very well, It was really well advertised. My Rector (Rev Claire) promoted it most weeks on the notices and it was on Pews News. Additionally I put flyers in most of the pubs and a few local shops.

There was a good turnout, most of the people who attend Holy Communion stayed for fellowship and then my talk. A few other people came who were interested including one person who was doing a dissertation on Autism and had recently received a diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome.

[]

There was a fair number of questions at the end which I answered. One person wanted to come as she had a child who was Autistic but she was on Holiday so a friend came for her. I am hoping that this lady will be able to attend my next talk. After the talk there was an activity that people could choose to take part in as well as nibbles for all attendees, the hosts, the speaker and one other person who says she will come to the next one.

[]

There will be an Evening Talk as Loads of People said that they would have liked to come but were not able to as they were either working or on a trip.

[]

It was a pleasant change to give a talk to a [different type] of people (group of people who were not paid to support people with Autism).

[]


There was a good turnout, most of the people who attend Holy Communion stayed for fellowship and then my talk. A few other people came who were interested including one person who was doing a dissertation on Autism and had recently received a diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome. There were a fair number of questions at the end which I answered. One person wanted to come as she had a child who was Autistic but she was on Holiday so a friend came for her.

[]

I am hoping that this lady will be able to attend my next talk which will also be at Olney Parish Church. After the talk there was an activity that people could choose to take part in as well as nibbles for all attendees, the hosts, the speaker and one other person who says she will come to the next one. Loads of People said that they would have liked to come but were not able to as they were either working or on a trip.

The Next talk will be at The Parish Church in Olney starting at 19:30.

If you want to see these ‘Four’ blocks fit into this box and The 12 ‘10 Commandments’ hanging upon the most important two, then I will show you either at the date, time and place mentioned above or at a later date when I write another blog article.

Over to you {the readers} for you for any opinions that you might have, thoughts, comments and questions. I hope I am correct in assuming that you have some.

[]

I would like to thank you those who have supported me in making this possible and all those who have held the event in their prayers Including my Rector (Reverend Claire Wood) David Richbell, one of our lay readers who read out the notice to and drew the congregation's attention to this notice on Pews News at Evensong and the Area Bishop (Right Reverend Alan Wilson).

No comments:

Post a Comment